Tuesday 12 January 2010

Listening - Avatar Trailer



It's the biggest blockbuster for years, so why not use it for a fun and easy lesson?

Grab the trailer Youtube

Dish out the gap-fill exercise below

And away you go...

Text with gaps

- Are you Jake Sully?

We'd like to talk to you about a _________ on a new world.

You'd be _________.

- I became a marine for the hardship. Told myself I can pass any test a man can pass. All I ever wanted was ________________.

- Ladies and Gentlemen. You are not in Kansas anymore. You are on Pandora.

- You should see your faces.

- We have an _____________ called the Navi. They are very hard to kill.

- This is why we're here. Because this little grey rock sells for _________.

Their village happens to be resting on the richest deposit and they need to ________.

Those savages are __________ our whole operation. We're on __________and you're supposed to be finding a ______________.

- The concept is to drive these ____________ called Avatars. They are grown from human DNA, mixed with DNA of the natives.

- Marine in an Avatar body. That's a __________. You get me what I need, ___________ you get your legs back. Your real legs.

- Hell yes sir.

- Looks like you. This is your Avatar.

- Just relax and ______________. That shouldn't be hard for you.

- Jake it's real simple. I want you to learn from the inside. I want you to _____________.

- You should not be here. Go back. All this is your fault.

- I need your help.

Outstanding

- Haven't got lost in the woods have you?

Did you forget _________________?

- The strong ____________ and nobody does a thing.

- You've got one hour.

- You knew this would happen.

- Everything changed.

- Jake it's crazy here. Quaritch is rolling and there's no stopping him.

- You're going up against gunships with ____________.

- Well I guess we better stop them.

They've sent us a message that they can take whatever they want. Well we will send them a message. That this, this is our land.

Complete text

- Are you Jake Sully?

We'd like to talk to you about a fresh start on a new world.

You'd be making a difference.

- I became a marine for the hardship. Told myself I can pass any test a man can pass. All I ever wanted was a single thing worth fighting for.

- Ladies and Gentlemen. You are not in Kansas anymore. You are on Pandora.

- You should see your faces.

- We have an indigenous population called the Navi. They are very hard to kill.

- This is why we're here. Because this little grey rock sells for 20 million a kilo.

Their village happens to be resting on the richest deposit and they need to relocate.

Those savages are threatening our whole operation. We're on the brink of war and you're supposed to be finding a diplomatic solution.

- The concept is to drive these remotely controlled bodies called Avatars. They are grown from human DNA, mixed with DNA of the natives.

- Marine in an Avatar body. That's a potent mix. You get me what I need, I'll see to it you get your legs back. Your real legs.

- Hell yes sir.

- Looks like you. This is your Avatar.

- Just relax and let your mind go blank. That shouldn't be hard for you.

- Jake it's real simple. I want you to learn from the inside. I want you to gain their trust.

- You should not be here. Go back. All this is your fault.

- I need your help.

Outstanding

- Haven't got lost in the woods have you?

Did you forget what team you're playing for?

- The strong prey on the weak and nobody does a thing.

- You've got one hour.

- You knew this would happen. Everything changed.

- Jake it's crazy here. Quaritch is rolling and there's no stopping him.

- You're going up against gunships with bows and arrows.

- Well I guess we better stop them.

They've sent us a message that they can take whatever they want. Well we will send them a message. That this, this is our land.

No comments:

Post a Comment